How can you get things done when you are being pulled in different directions? How can you make time for family, work, friends and other interests?
Managing time can be a challenge, so here are a few pointers that have been helpful to my coaching clients over the past few years. I hope they help you achieve what you want to achieve:
- Do something now. However small, action breeds more action
- Break down big projects into smaller, achievable-sized steps
- Say ‘no’ when necessary. You can’t keep everybody happy. Take control to achieve what you want
- Do the most important and challenging thing in your day first
- Review your to-do list every day. Set achievable deadlines
- Set time aside to answer your emails and calls when you choose
- Work when you are at your best. Are you an early bird or night owl?
- Clear your mental and physical space to focus and be more productive. Clear your desk. Meditate or go and have a coffee to get some personal ‘headspace’
- Manage your time. It’s precious. Use it wisely
- Before your day starts, take 20mins to plan it. Where do you want to be at the end of your day? What do you want to have achieved?
Begin with the end in mind (Stephen Covey)