How would you answer the following questions if your job were your partner in a relationship?
- Do you love your job? Or are you ‘in love with’ your job?
- Or have you been together too long and the spark has gone?
- What would you need to do to love your job again like you did when you first met?
- Or can’t you get enough of each other and the moments whizz by when you’re together?
- Do you get butterflies in your stomach knowing you’re going to see your job very soon?
Either way, as with relationships, the choices may not be easy, but sometimes a simple technique such as swapping words eg ‘job’ for ‘relationship’ (or even the reverse) can offer an alternative perspective to help you with how you see your different life situations. Yes, this could lead to a new job or relationship and it could also lead to a new viewpoint of the current job or relationship, but most importantly, it would be real currency to help you live the life you want to live.